Sunday, March 1, 2009

Inaugural Rock & Roll Marathon

So I started training yesterday! The inaugural Rock & Roll Marathon in Seattle is this coming June. I am so excited. I am planning on running the marathon where they have live bands playing every half mile to mile. I have heard of other rock & roll marathons in other cities, but finally one in Seattle. You see...the other marathon Seattle offers is Thanksgiving weekend, which I ran in 2006. The problem is that the weather stinks! It snowed that freezing fall day. So June will be the perfect time for this. If only the training weather would permit. I am in a running club called the "Sole Mates" we run various races throughout the year. Relays and such. So a group of us will be training together for this coming race. Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really fun! And music would be a good motivator!

    The below pics are super cute too-- ah, Skateland :)

    ReplyDelete