I don't know if your kids ever fight with eachother :) but mine do. Sometimes we're at our wits end trying to get our kids (E & P) to appreciate and respect eachother and stop being so self-focused all the time. Sunday morning before church another fight broke out, seriously ruins the whole "let's go worship God as one happy family". So that afternoon as a consequence Jon put them to work. Quite a bit of yard work and scrubbing some tarp thing he has. Later he stated to them "yesterday was the last day your mother will do your laundry" (not sure if this has been thought through, but sounds nice to me).
They actually worked hard and worked together. It was suprising at how much they accomplished. They even sorted, folded and put away their own laundry. I think we're on to something... By the way, that day(yesterday) I think was the very last day of warm weather...I have been freezing all day and mourning the end of flip-flops...
Monday, September 21, 2009
We suprised Peyton with tickets to the Miley Cyrus concert (aka Hannah Montana). We got a super good deal. Jon was in Montana for work so it was just us girls. We had such a fun time. Shopping at the mall, then dinner at Chevy's (see below the best flautas EVER!), then off to the show. While at dinner we overheard a large group of little girls who arrived in a limo say that they saw Miley's tour bus and she waved at them :).
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
It's a secret...don't tell....Peyton is gonna FREAK OUT! Miley Cyrus (aka Hannah Montana) will be at the Tacoma Dome on Wednesday. I have been wanting to take her (she claims to be her #1 fan) but with a tight budget, tickets seemed too expensive. Today I checked Ticket Master and they have a "back to school" special, just $16.50 each. So Peyton and I will go have a girls' night out!
First day of Kindergarten today for miss Peyton. She's been so excited. After taking her to the bus stop, Macy and I followed to school so we could see her in class. After leaving the school, I was a little teary, but Macy was sobbing and calling "Peyton! Peyton!". She was heartbroken that we left her at the school.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Well it's the night before the first day of school at 10pm. All three kids are awake in their beds...I guess hyped up or something. It's gonna be an early morning tomorrow. Tonight was our open house. I'm pretty excited about the kids' teachers this year. Having two kids in school will be great. I'm excited to get some one on one time with little Macy.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Since I don't have time to mess with blogger...all the photos ended up in random order and before my words. Sorry! Here are photos from the fair and camping...
It has been a crazy past few weeks, not much time for blogging! I have been quite busy...here's a little of what I've been up to...
1. The Twilight Zone...I got hooked on the Twilight books. My sister-in-law passed them over to me. I read them in about 3 weeks, had to take a break after book 3 because my family was running out of clean clothes! Seems that I get a bit obsessed when I get into a book and can't stop till I'm done.
2. Selling houses! After a pretty frustrating spring and beginning of the summer...lots and lots of working with nothing actually selling. I now have 4 deals pending. We will see if they close. 2 are "short sales" which means the seller owes more than they can sell it for and are hoping the bank will take a loss. So I have been so busy showing houses, meeting with clients and paperwork, my head is spinning.
3. Peyton had a dance performance at the Kitsap County Fair, from there, we went camping with some friends. This was our first time camping...in a tent...with kids. It turned out way better than I thought. The weather was great and Macy didn't try to run away.
4. Soccer started...4 nights per week. Ugh! It's already tiring me out. Peyton is Tues/Thurs. and Easton is Mon./Wed. The kids love it and I love seeing them being active and having fun with teammates. Can't wait for the games to start!
5. Getting ready for school...Peyton starts kindergarten and my friend Eunice will hopefully be her teacher. She is so ready...and so am I. Back in to a routine. Working from home is a little tricky with all 3 kids here...I do love them, but will be nice to send them to school. They like having things to do. Easton starts 3rd grade. Hard to believe it!