Monday, March 30, 2009

Ahhh swimming

Tonight I went swimming with Lacy...without kids! How fun, relaxing and tiring all at the same time. The more I run and train, the more I have come to appreciate the non-impact sports. During my 12 mile training run the other day, I felt things like, "oh...I'm so cold, so wet(it was raining), oh...now my leg hurts, ankle sore, toe is rubbing, knee bothering me, if only I was 20 pounds lighter, can't wait to be done, that car is not getting over and might kill me dead"...all these thoughts come at different times during the 2+ hour duration. But swimming is different. It is fun, fluid, graceful and works you out without all the pain. It was a breath of fresh air so to speak. I'm reminded that I need to go more often. When I was pregnant with Macy and training for our relay, our family went swimming once a week for some cross-training and fun for most of the summer. Jon and I would take turns swimming laps while the other watched the kids in the shallow end. I really haven't gone much since then. Hopefully I can coninue to make time for it.

By the way...we went to the new YMCA in Gig Harbor...hello AMAZING. It is so cool, they have everything. Lacy is a member, I went as a visitor. Wow. I really wish I could afford to be a member. Not to mention the pool water is warm. (SK pool borders on giving kids hypothermia.)

Other than that the past few days have been good. Entering our spring break week here. Of course all the kids woke up way earlier and were extra energetic. So much for my hope of sleeping in. I think I need to wear them out...maybe I'll take them swimming!

1 comment:

  1. I love swimming! But wow, you can RUN! I am so impressed. I would seriously die, I'm such a weenie! I will have to come visit that Y... that sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete