Monday, May 11, 2009

Random Monday Musings...

So a few friends have put some creative headlines on their blogs or websites...I put "Following the Byrds" but I'm just not convinced it right. I also thought of Life as a Byrd, Jon jokingly suggested "Feed the Byrds". I think he gets a bit tired of my indecisiveness. I also think it's funny how I can be so indecisive, but know exactly what I want(or don't want). Usually I have a vision in my head, but unable to make it happen. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Today has been a fun day for me...I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my house is pretty clean. For a Monday this is unusual. Often times Mondays are spent cleaning up after a busy weekend. So with a semi-organized house and happy Mama, off I went to Starbucks (of course, I had to find a place to sit and make my list ;) ), drop Peyton off at preschool, to Safeway, the bank, home to jput Macy down for a nap, throw Taco Soup ingredients into the crock pot, post a blog, catch up on emails and phone calls, get news of a possible offer on a listing, wake up Macy from her nap, go pick up Peyton from preschool, off to Costco for eating yummy hot dogs and pizza and more shopping. Whew. I am a bit tired, but feel accomplished. I even got everything put away, the car cleaned out again (Easton gave me a pot of dirt with seeds in it that he made at church...of course it got spilled all over the car) and it's only 3:30pm!

As I was driving to and fro today I have been thoughtful about some things I am thankful for that on another given day I may not be...here are some examples.

1. Today, and only today, I am thankful that it is raining. Let me explain...today is my off-day for running. It usually rains when I have to run. So today no running, I choose to be thankful for the downpour because I don't have to be out in it.

2. I am thankful for my dishwasher. Growing up I never had one. Our first house did not have one. I think that is the reason I kind of like doing dishes. It's like magic. In goes the dirties, push a button and voila! It's a miracle. (side note: I'd rather do dishes all day, than laundry, which I hate)

3. I really like cute handsoap bottles. I found a set at Costco today, 3 big bottles, different scents for only $6. They are stylish, cute and affordable.

4. I love my Nike flip-flops. They are like having padded floors everywhere I go.

5. I love my pantry, junk drawer, closet, spice/baking cupboard and CD cabinet(thanks Jon). Why? Because they are newly organized and cleaned out!!! I have a big bunch of "Goodwill" items sitting on my porch waiting to go bye-bye. I LOVE LOVE LOVE organizing all the nooks and crannies that get messy and cluttered. I love throwing stuff away...so liberating.

6. Lysol disinfecting wipes in a can. One of the best inventions...EVER.

7. Friends in the community. Seems like when I am out and about I usually run into to someone I know and maybe haven't seen in awhile. I just love it and it makes my day.

I guess I have rambled enough...just wanted to give you all something to read while you're not doing housework... ha ha. I know I can get so distracted with blogs, facebook, etc... Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You and I are so on the same page. I have a HUGE bunch of junk to take to goodwill... we cleaned out the playroom ("for the poor kids" as my kids would say), the extra bedroom, even my bedroom... the desk was piled SO HIGH. And you're right, it's so liberating now that I'm done. I feel more productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had taco soup today too. Quick, easy and yummy. My favorites on your list here is #2 and #6. I still have no dishwasher though...someday.

    ReplyDelete