Monday, May 11, 2009

Double Date Night

Last weekend we found a sitter for Macy and headed out on a "double date" with our kids. Peyton & Jon, and Easton & me. We are starting early, teaching Peyton how a gentlemen should treat her and teaching Easton how to treat and respect a girl. He opened the door for me and did other sweet gentlemanly things. We went to eat at Gino's and then walked along the dock at the Marina. We had a great time, nice to do some things with the older kids while not being distracted by an escaping (but sweet) baby sister.





If you look close you can see Jon and Peyton in the distance.

What's up with kids thinking bunny ears are so hilarious...

Love this photo...I know Courtney, there is probably a better way to crop it...I need to learn some basics sometime...


3 comments:

  1. You have a lot of good ideas on how to show your kids you love them and teach godly values. Are you just creative, really tuned in to God's leading, or do you have resources you get these ideas from? If you have some resources you use let me know what they are because Jason and I would love ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have specific resources, just hearing what friends are doing with their families. The date thing was Jon's idea...started with him going to the daddy daughter dance in Port Orchard, then wanting to take her on other dates. How else are girls (and boys) expected to learn how to treat others unless parents do it. Mine never did, so I guess that is why it's important to us. Plus the kids eat up all the attention from us...makes them feel so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pic :)

    And I love your double date idea! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete