Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

His a bit of what we did this weekend...


Saturday morning...I ran my 20 mile training run with Lacy and Melia. In spite of the distance we had a ton of fun. Really pretty course we ran, down Port Orchard Boulevard to Bay street then along the water on Beach drive to Manchester then up to Alaska(ran about 2 miles too far because we were looking for a street that the map showed, but didn't exist) so then up to the top of Mile Hill through back roads then back to my house. Gorgeous weather! This week we got smart and planned some water stops. Jon took water & snacks out while we were running to mile 8 and 14 so we wouldn't have to pack it all with us. The run took about 3 1/2 hours. I have been truly exhausted all weekend, but thankful that I have no injuries going on, like shin splints, knees, etc...

Saturday afternoon, Jon got something he has been dreaming of for a long time...a new riding lawn mower. Funny thing, when he went to pick it up Home Depot actually loaded the wrong one...a nicer, more expensive one we didn't pay for. Jon reluctantly but honestly told them "um...I'd love to have this one, but I didn't buy it". So after an ordeal ours finally made it home. He is pretty excited. And here's my 2 cents...it's cute too :)

Sunday we went to church then home for naps, then out to Delano Bay Camp. It is a camp on the water that our church goes to each year. We play games and have a BBQ. Very fun. We also went out on Monday afternoon. This morning our kids(and us adults) were all exhausted. At breakfast Easton told Jon..."my feet hurt, my legs hurt, my head hurts and I'm tired"...funny this is how I felt, but I'm old. I felt a bit bad sending him to school. Good thing, though, Macy has slept until 8am 2 days in a row! Here's a pic of her first "licking the beater" experience. (Note to self: Put her in the high chair nex time.)

3 comments:

  1. By the way, that pic of Macy peeking through the beater is SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you always hear stories of honesty that end in a reward, like, they'd be so glad you were honest, they'd just give you the big one :) But in the real world, it just feels good to be honest! And that's the reward!

    ReplyDelete