Monday, June 22, 2009

Freaking out...

Well it's the Monday before the Marathon on Saturday. I am freaking out just a bit...somehow I have to get to Seattle this week to pick up my "packet" which has my timing chip and number, etc.. It is no small feat to get me and kids to Qwest stadium along with 25,000 other runners and their families. I would take Jon, but the expo closes at 6pm on Thurs and 7pm on Friday. Kind of dumb if you ask me...since people have jobs all day.

I also worry because Saturday morning I have to be at the starting line downtown Seattle by 6 or 6:30 for a 7am start. No we are not staying in a hotel. I will probably lay awake all night worrying that I will not get up in time.

Freaking out that I will somehow forget something, wear the wrong clothes, the weather will be too hot, I will injure myself or just plain "hit the wall". I don't know. Please say a prayer for me. At least this week is an easy mileage week.

I am super excited though. I somehow think it will all work out and I will be sad when it's over. After all this race is what has motivated me to run for the past 4 months. Almost time to think about what could be next?

1 comment:

  1. My feet just started to sweat for you! It's so exciting! I can't wait to hear about it... so you better post like right away :)

    ReplyDelete