Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Working From Home

I consider myself both a stay at home mom of sorts AND a real estate agent. I can make this happen because my "office" is at home. We no longer have a physical desk at our Prudential office. Working from home is both a blessing and a curse...I think many moms can relate. A blessing because I don't have to pay for a sitter all the time and because I can be here for my kids. It is a curse because I have to learn to balance(more like juggle) my priorities and time. It is truly amazing at how the minute my cell phone rings, the kids start screaming, arguing or suddenly hurt themselves. The other part of the curse is that when I am on the computer or phone when my kids are awake, they are left to see "how quickly we can destroy the house before mom sees what we're doing". Macy has been mobile now for awhile and so very curious. Many days I find myself rolling the toilet paper back up because she thinks those rolls are put at her level solely for her enjoyment. Today I found her sitting quietly (that is the first hint) in the kitchen with Peyton's box of markers dumped all over putting "makeup" on her lips with all sorts of colors. Here is a photo, again taken with my rediculous camera phone because it was the only one within reach before she would run away. Also notice her saying "eeeeeeze" (cheese)for the camera.

4 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL smile. I especially love the rainbow lips. This is truly funny!
    --Andrea Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the juggle... it's crazy sometimes... but sometimes, it's so calm that I almost don't know what to do!

    Tawni sucked on a red crayon once around this age... I came out into the room she was in and I thought it was blood... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way I could work from home with Josiah. I can't clean the house without him having to be in the middle of it and trying to help. If he finally decides to try to entertain himself the results are usually disasterous. The other day I was trying to get lunch cooked when I noticed that he had pulled a chair away from the table, climbed it, poured out the glass of milk and bowl of cherrios that was there. After I cleaned that up and ran over to the stove to prevent lunch from being burned he went into the bathroom, unraveled all the toilet paper and dumped the contents of Jason's toiletry drawer on the floor. After that I strapped him into his high chair to immoblize him. All this to say...I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete