Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I had surgery 8 days ago. I guess Jon's previous, very graphic post(with an AWFUL photo of me) tipped you off. Today is the first day I have felt semi-normal. It has been extremely difficult and painful. The first 5 days were spent in bed or on the couch, attempting to drink fruit smoothies and ice chips. Day 6 I graduated to cream of wheat, day 7 was mac & cheese and scramble eggs which brought me to tears. I am weaning off the "hard" drugs so I am now able to drive. My best friend has been our Vita-Mix, I SO recommend this blender to EVERYONE. You know, it's the kind the sell at the fair. I begged 12 years for one of these, finally bought one last year...it was SO worth the money this last week. So yes, I am back to the land of the living, even down 7 pounds(at least for now). Today I even put make-up on :) For me that is big, those of you that know me might also know that I wear makeup all the time, even when I know I will be home all day long. To go a week without is an indication of how BAD I felt. So thanks for the prayers and thoughts, they definitely worked. No complications, very textbook recovery(for my age). Oh, and here is the moral...if you wonder about your child's tonsils making them sick...get them out now while they are young and resilient! The lady at the doctors office told me "honey, you are young, but you're not THAT young". Getting old stinks.
Before I forget, thanks to Jaymi, Melia and Becky who brought yummy food for my family that I wish I could have eaten, for Becky and Barbara helping with cleaning, for Alicia(that iced white mocha had healing power ;)) & Andrea for helping with kids. Also for my sweet husband who worked so hard taking care of me and everything else!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived close enough to help out! I'm glad you're feeling better though! I totally remember you getting strep all the time as a child, or something, I could be wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are feeling better. I agree with you on the vitamix. We got one for our wedding from dad and mom. Wonderful! I always see them used on the cooking channels too. Anyway, thanks for the update. Glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete