Friday, February 20, 2009

I hate oatmeal.

I may have blogged too soon about feeling better because that night I had some complications. After getting a little ambitious at dinner...I made some quick english muffin pizzas before rushing off to Easton's basketball game. I was SOOO hungry and have been told only soft stuff for 2 weeks. Well the pizza topping looked kind of soft to me, so I ate some. It was so good. I am so hungry these days and can't wait to have real food again. That proved to be the wrong decision. About 1:30am I was in pain and to spare you all the gross details, the rest involved a long successful attempt to stop bleeding and calls to the doctor. So I have learned my lesson. Listen to the doctor no matter how hungry or how good you may feel. Back to smoothies and oatmeal(I have never liked oatmeal, but eat it lately because it is healthy and soft). On a happy note...last night while our neice Kortney and her husband entertained our kids, Jon took me to DQ for a hot fudge sundae. It was a nice treat and relieved a bit of my cabin fever.

4 comments:

  1. I had NO idea it takes that long to heal! You poor thing! I love food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only takes this long if you're an adult. Kids sail through. I am still not sure why they wouldn't take them out when I was a kid. Yes, I had strep at least once a year, but more often twice a year. In 2008 I had strep twice and it was BAD, then developed chronic tonsilitis. So that is why they have to come out. Normally the doctor requires 6 documented streps in one year before they do that. Yikes! I think I would want to die if I had 6. And someone who gets it 5 per year is out of luck? Dumb. Ok I am rambling, but I have been very educated on this subject. So if it ever comes up in your family and have questions, just ask :)

    And I love food too. I miss it very much :( At least those extra baby pounds are coming off. Hope they don't come back once I start eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My poor friend. I'm sorry, but if it makes you feel any better, you LOOKED great when I saw you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Andrea. I am feeling better today (Saturday) and will be at church tomorrow. Plus I ate some sloppy joe tonight and it went well. Progress!

    ReplyDelete