Tuesday, October 13, 2009


So I guess I should explain the question "Why is your blog called the pink sparkly cape?" Well, it seems to me more and more that women these days are so busy trying to do so many different things. We are expected to be nothing less than Superwoman at times. Especially for me lately, trying to sell real estate in an ever-changing-more-than-frustrating-market while raising 3 lovely-but-high-maintenance(as they all are)-kids AND trying to volunteer at schools & church, be a kid taxi, a wife, keep my house at a non-embarrassing level of clean all while trying to keep my sanity. I find myself on certain days like that saying to myself "If I'm going to have to be Superwoman, I should at least have a cape" And since I like the color pink and like silver sparkly things...my cape (if I had one) would be a 'Pink Sparkly Cape'.
So when I get frustrated, down and overwhelmed. I think of myself wearing my pink sparkly cape, it gives me a little lift to help me perservere at saving the world like only a Superwoman can.
My blog will be a reflection of my life-mostly the family part and not so much the real estate part...although I may add some tidbits here and there. Pink Sparkly Cape has become my "motto" or my life's theme, at least for the time being. It only seemed fitting that I name my blog after it as a reminder to myself...and all you women out there, that we can do it all and look cute in our Pink Sparkly Capes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying the new blog, and I love the concept of the pink, sparkly cape. I want mine to be turquoise though.

    ReplyDelete