Monday, October 26, 2009

Bench Makeover


Ever since I sold my cute but a little too country, birdhouse benches, my porch has been quite empty. I have searched high and low (well mostly on craig's list) but none the less, it has been difficult to find a bench that doesn't cost a fortune! I was at Pier 1 the other day and saw this bench. Side note...I actually have always hated wicker(especially white). I don't know why, but something about looking like a big Easter basket?? (My husband looked at me funny when I brought it home). That said...I am a sucker for a good deal. This bench was a steal!

So as much as I saved, I couldn't bring myself to love it. It needed a serious makeover.

So after 3 cans of black spray paint, it's still not done and I can't move my fingers (I had no idea spray painting was so painful). It is coming together nicely. It will soon be very black, with a rust red cushion and cute pillows. Stay tuned for the finished project. I just have to wait for the feeling to come back to my hands.

1 comment:

  1. UGH! I know it KILLS my hands! I feel so old after I spray paint... it takes me days!

    ReplyDelete