Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pet Peeves...

Today I am a bit cranky, the sun went away and the rain is back. I have lived in Washington all my life and still am not used to being cold and wet. So in honor of my mood I need to get out a few pet peeves of the day...

1. I hate annoying woodpeckers who obsessively peck on the metal gutters and wake up little children way too early in the morning.

2. I hate when it is 11pm on a Wednesday night and we realize that the next day is trash and recycle day and we forgot to haul it all the way to the very end of the driveway. So we miss it 2 weeks in a row and yucky smelly garbage piles up.

3. I get annoyed when I am trying to enter a blog post and my kids come in every 2 seconds to tell me about something on TV.

4. I am tired of Macy digging through the pantry and dumping all the boxes of food on the floor and bringing me granola bars all day wanting me to open them. Then later finding them in a corner stuck to the carpet...uneaten of course.

5. I am frustrated with the dentist who told me the kids dental work would be covered only to get a bill for $250 more than expected and it is NO fault of theirs because I should have verified with the insurance company instead of taking their word for it.

6. Did I mention it is hard to concentrate when my kids keep coming in every 2 seconds???

7. I am annoyed that Jon had an extensive blood test that came back inconclusive(because the lab workers did not know what they were doing) and they still charged the full $3,800 (of which we owe $150). Doctors and hospitals can charge whatever they want, mess up and still get paid. If I mess up in my job, I don't get paid or I have to redo it.

Well the kids are back in the office so I give up on writing. I hope that by venting into the computer I will have a better mood to face the day. After all I do have so much to be thankful for. Hope your day goes well in spite of unfair medical bills and granola bars stuck to the carpet too.

5 comments:

  1. Laughing because yesterday I just pulled a powerbar off of the end table...well, most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Lacy is anonymous...not sure why it is doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goo! We all have days like that... or should I say, every day is like that? :) Sometimes you just gotta let it out girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, today was one of those "can we all start over" days. On top of all that the kids clogged the toilet(then Peyton flushed many times) and it overflowed all over into the entry way...ewww. I did make Peyton help clean it up and put dirty toilet water towels into the wash. She was so grossed out(I was laughing inside). I think she learned her lesson of leaving a clogged toilet to mom and dad. At least I got the floor mopped and the bathroom cleaned...looking on the bright side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also hate woodpeckers. They not only wake up little children, but they put holes in the side of houses. I hope your day is better. :)

    ReplyDelete