Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend...

....was a blast! Started out with Friday evening. Thanks to Becky babysitting for us, Jon and I went to a Good Friday service at a church in Silverdale then headed on to an "after party" to hang out with some new friends from a leadership training class we have been taking. It was fun, but late night, getting home at 11-something(you know you're getting old when 11ish feels late).

Saturday morning I was supposed to get up at 5:30am to meet Lacy for our 14 mile training run. Oops, I somehow awoke at 7:30 and realized my clock was set for PM. Poor Lacy had been up since 4am waiting for me. (Sorry again!) We had to squeeze our run into the crazy afternoon. Saturday late morning we went to a baptism service at the Olympic HS pool. 34 people were baptized into Christ. It was great to let our kids experience this. One girl baptized her dad...it was touching. After our run which took FOREVER (keep in mind, we run a 12 minute pace...not fast, but steady) I rushed off to Easter celebration with Jon's side of the family. We did Easter egg coloring, a hunt and some games.

Sunday morning we went to church then off to my grandma's in Tahuya where we had the YUMMIEST waffles, sausage, fruit, eggs, etc... came home, then off to evening church.

To say the least I was exhausted Monday morning, sore from my Saturday run, from the weekend festivities and left with a huge mess to clean up. But it was all worth it.

Remembering the sacrifice Jesus made for us all and celebrating his resurrection was really meaningful this Easter. Something we need to remember and live out everyday.
Here are some photos...
Macy was excited about the graduate cereal bars the Easter bunny hid outside...The cousins, from left to right, Easton, Afton, Peyton, Wyatt(held by Aunt Becky, Michal and Macy
Baby Wyatt is 3 months oldOh look, I found a cinamon roll! Oh, nevermind...just a rock.Easton and Macy were in my grandma's bathroom looking at the 2 land turtles that have lived in my grandma's bathtub filled with water for the past 18 years. (Don't ask)OOOH Peeps!

3 comments:

  1. FUN stuff. And I think I speak for everyone when I say, "Umm, a post is definitely in order for the turtles in the tub. Explain please!" :-) Sounds like a good story to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TURTLES?!?!

    Your pics look great! Nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures. Looks like a lot of fun. I love the idea of a cooling rack for the eggs to dry. Never thought of that for some reason. Thanks to you I am now in the mood for a cinnamon roll. :)

    ReplyDelete